Provides file system changes email notification service. It can send you a mail; write a log entry or perform another action when a folder's content changed. Filters can be applied. Either local or remote file system can be monitored. It can be useful for those who need to track changes made to file system or want the changes logged to a file or sent by email.
Program's features include:
- It is completely free for home or educational use!
- Unlimited number of folders being watched.
- Particular folder-only or entire subtree watch.
- Unlimited number of masks, wildcards or regular expressions, allows full control on which file or folder triggers notification.
- Filters are provided to remove unwanted changes by various conditions.
-Unlimited number of notifications per every folder.
-Built-in notification method: customizable log file
-Built-in notification method: email message with XSLT templates configurable per each notification, extensive SMTP support, including SSL, plain text and Integrated Windows authentication.
-Each notification can be individually configured to filter out unnecessary changes.
-Complete built-in support for watching schedule.
-No nag screens, time limits, adware, spyware, malware, activation or validation
-Configuration information is stored in industry-standard XML files with XSD schema provided along with executable modules.
-Open interfaces allow a user to implement their own filters and notification methods by means of any Microsoft .NET 2.0 compatible development tool.
» version 188.8.131.52 - posted on 2014-05-01
New filter, ReName (Regular Expression Rename) added
» version 184.108.40.206 - posted on 2009-08-29
Major netork connectivity-related bug is fixed
EULA - End User License Agreement
Folder Watchdog Service 2 License
Folder Watchdog Service (SOFTWARE) is distributed as try-before-you-buy. This means:
1. All copyrights to the SOFTWARE are exclusively owned by the author - Alexander Seleznyov (email@example.com).
2. Anyone may use the SOFTWARE for unrestricted period of time for home or educational purposes.
3. Anyone may use the SOFTWARE during a test period of 30 days for BUSINESS-RELATED PURPOSES. Following this test period of 30 days or less, a user MUST register to get the right to use the SOFTWARE for BUSINESS-RELATED PURPOSES.
Once registered, the user is granted a non-exclusive license to use the SOFTWARE on single computer, for any legal purpose, at a time. The registered SOFTWARE may not be rented or leased, but may be permanently transferred, if the person receiving it agrees to terms of this license.
To register, you can choose whichever registration method is appropriate for you. (see register.rtf).
4. SOFTWARE may be freely distributed, with exceptions noted below, provided the distribution package is not modified. No person or company may charge a fee for the distribution of without written permission from the copyright holder. The unregistered version may not be bundled or distributed with any other package without written permission of the copyright holder.
5. SOFTWARE IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". ALTHOUGHT THE AUTHOR DOES HIS BEST TO MAKE SURE THE SOFTWARE CONTAINS THE LOWEST AMOUNT OF PROBLEMS AS POSSIBLE, NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES AND LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
7. You may not use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the SOFTWARE, or any subset of the SOFTWARE, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by the author, Alexander Seleznyov.
8. Installing and using SOFTWARE signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions of the license.
9. If you do not agree with the terms of this license, you must remove SOFTWARE files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.
Thank you for using Folder Watchdog Service 2.
Alexander Seleznyov, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com http://www.seleznyov.com